Trimwork was added recently. The trimwork in the offices consists mainly of baseboards, crown molding, and door and window trim.
Ahu and I debated quite a bit about the material to use as flooring in the offices. She wanted stone from the beginning. I wanted hardwood in my office. However, after thinking about it, I realized that stone is the way to go.
Drywall went in this week along with the requisite taping and sanding.
Insulation was installed this week. Looking forward to drywall being installed soon.
Electricians came out and put in the wiring for data and electricity. The electricians ran two conduits from the house to my office.
Day two of framing is complete and all walls and the roof have been constructed. The office doors were delivered around noon and installed at the end of the day.
After weeks of slow progress, this week is seeing a lot of action. Framing started today and the walls are now up. Ahu and I were quite surprised at the full height of the buildings. It's one thing to see a blueprint or a mockup render but seeing it in person is entirely different.
Today all concrete for the foundation was poured. All of the concrete tiers are, essentially, one large, monolithic pour. The concrete truck parked in the street and the crew brought in a very long hose to the site. One of the contractors had a remote control which turned concrete delivery on and off - very convenient.
All of the groundwork is complete and forms for the poured concrete foundation are now in place.
Connecting a new patio to an older patio is always a challenge. There is a bit of height differential between the existing pool deck and the breezeway between the offices. A step was necessary but deciding what shape the step would take, where it would go, and so on was a lengthy debate.
The house we live in was built in 1974. There are many traces of residents past; many years of other families living life and seeing their own visions become reality.
This sturdy old shed was well-used. We found a phone line, cable, and a solid work bench inside. Unfortunately, it had to be removed to make space for our new offices